Trickle, trickle trickle….Once an annoying sound at 3am from the bathroom faucet, has now become an anthem in the Frey household as the ICE IS MELTING FROM ICE STORM 2009 IN KENTUCKY!!!! Remember that line in the Wizard of Oz said by the Wicked Witch as she is melting after Dorothy doused her with water? “I’m melting! I’m melting! What a world! What a world!”
Yesterday as Mr. Frey and I shopped and drove around completing our Saturday errands – one errand being to purchase bird food and I’ll get to that story in a moment, we marveled at the beauty of the sparkling ice that was beginning to melt. It looked like millions of diamonds sparkling in the sun. It was one of the most beautiful sights I’ve ever seen. Our breathtaking winter wonderland will soon turn into flood waters I’m sure, but for right now, I’ll take the melting, icy diamonds.
You have to marvel at mother nature. We had willow trees bent over 20 feet in the front of our court from the ice storm, but today, they are back in place waving in the wind after losing their coat of ice. Mr. Frey and I just about had a bird revolt on our hands yesterday as the birds came to our back door, yes our back door, looking for food from Mommy and Daddy. We feed our birds and they expect it and will come knocking on our door if we fail them. The birds are so tame that many times we can walk right up to them and they won’t fly away. We saw a beautiful male Cardinal today. That Cardinal was as regal and as valiant as they come for having survived the ice storm. Every time I see a Cardinal, I think of the artist Ray Harm, who is a dear, kind friend. His art hangs in our home and I’m fortunate to know him. What he captures in watercolor is breathtaking. I am in awe of his talent.
We were very fortunate to have not lost power like the majority of our family and friends. Our family in Western Kentucky is still without power and my heart just aches for them. I remember just how cold and cranky Jonathan and I were a few weeks ago when our HVAC went out on the coldest day of the winter. My prayers go out to my Frey family who I love and adore so very much!
Well, that’s about it for today. I need to go outside and check on Mr. Frey. I can hear him knocking the ice off the house. I fear he’s on a ladder messing with the gutters. The last time he tackled a house project, we ended up at the E.R. with his finger gashed open….I’m thinking that being stabbed by an icicle hasn’t made our list of E.R. visits yet and I better get my butt out there….
Speaking of E.R. visits, did I ever tell you about the time Jonathan got New Year’s Eve glitter in his eye and we spent New Year’s in the E.R…….more later.
Love you all,
Mrs. Frey
Yesterday as Mr. Frey and I shopped and drove around completing our Saturday errands – one errand being to purchase bird food and I’ll get to that story in a moment, we marveled at the beauty of the sparkling ice that was beginning to melt. It looked like millions of diamonds sparkling in the sun. It was one of the most beautiful sights I’ve ever seen. Our breathtaking winter wonderland will soon turn into flood waters I’m sure, but for right now, I’ll take the melting, icy diamonds.
You have to marvel at mother nature. We had willow trees bent over 20 feet in the front of our court from the ice storm, but today, they are back in place waving in the wind after losing their coat of ice. Mr. Frey and I just about had a bird revolt on our hands yesterday as the birds came to our back door, yes our back door, looking for food from Mommy and Daddy. We feed our birds and they expect it and will come knocking on our door if we fail them. The birds are so tame that many times we can walk right up to them and they won’t fly away. We saw a beautiful male Cardinal today. That Cardinal was as regal and as valiant as they come for having survived the ice storm. Every time I see a Cardinal, I think of the artist Ray Harm, who is a dear, kind friend. His art hangs in our home and I’m fortunate to know him. What he captures in watercolor is breathtaking. I am in awe of his talent.
We were very fortunate to have not lost power like the majority of our family and friends. Our family in Western Kentucky is still without power and my heart just aches for them. I remember just how cold and cranky Jonathan and I were a few weeks ago when our HVAC went out on the coldest day of the winter. My prayers go out to my Frey family who I love and adore so very much!
Well, that’s about it for today. I need to go outside and check on Mr. Frey. I can hear him knocking the ice off the house. I fear he’s on a ladder messing with the gutters. The last time he tackled a house project, we ended up at the E.R. with his finger gashed open….I’m thinking that being stabbed by an icicle hasn’t made our list of E.R. visits yet and I better get my butt out there….
Speaking of E.R. visits, did I ever tell you about the time Jonathan got New Year’s Eve glitter in his eye and we spent New Year’s in the E.R…….more later.
Love you all,
Mrs. Frey
Comments